Many studies show that sugar is a highly addictive substance, in fact it is addictive as heroin. That is the reason why food manufacturers add sugar in everything they produce. Statistics say that an average American consumes around 20 teaspoons of sugar per day, which is a lot more than our body needs.
However, you shouldn’t worry because there is a 3 week sugar detox challenge that will restart the whole body and eliminate the sugar addiction.
You should know that our body does require sugar, but in small amounts and not the manufactured processed sugar. The best type of sugar can be found in fruits and few types of veggies. They are a natural source of sugar, but even that kind of sugar should be consumed in moderate amounts.
Why is it difficult to eliminate the sugar?
The thing is, when you become addicted to sugar, you will not be able to let it go. Tons of researches have proven that our brain reacts in a similar way when we eat sugar as it reacts when on drugs. Sugar releases the chemical called dopamine in the brain, which makes us feel good and relaxed.
If you start this detox plan, you will see that in 3 weeks you will have more energy, and you will ditch the sugar cravings. So, let’s take a look at the actual diet plan.
The 21 Day Sugar Detox Diet Plan
The aim of this detox plan is to completely eliminate the sugars from the diet, which will cause you to lose weight. Therefore, if you want to lose weight this is the perfect diet for you. You will completely remove processed sugar and substitute it with natural sources of sugar. You will have to stay away from snacks, processed foods, and sugary desserts.
Note: This is a flexible diet and you can be free to modify it according to your needs. There is a one week menu and you will have to repeat it three times.
- Breakfast: 2 slices bread (multi-grain, 2 egg omelette with cheese (low-fat) and spinach
- Snack:1 Grapefruit
- Lunch:Tuna salad with lettuce and tomato
- Dinner:Steamed fish and mixed veggies
- Breakfast:Green juice made of 3 carrots, 1 sweet pepper, and 2 cucumbers
- Snack:1 mango (ripe)
- Lunch: Chicken breasts (steamed) with 1 avocado
- Dinner: 1 piece of salmon and 1 bowl of green beans
- Breakfast: 2 egg omelette with onion and broccoli
- Snack: 2 oranges
- Lunch: Hummus with cucumbers (diced up)
- Dinner: A veggie burrito
- Breakfast: 1 bowl of oatmeal with almond milk (no sugar) and almonds and blueberries on top
- Snack: 1 apple and 2 tbsp. of almond butter
- Lunch: A vegetable salad
- Dinner: Fish (steamed) with 2 cups of broccoli (seasoned with salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper)
- Breakfast: Salad made with 2 hard-boiled eggs (diced), broccoli, and kale.
- Snack: 1 cup of pineapple (sliced)
- Lunch: Salmon with cucumber salad
- Dinner: A pumpkin soup with carrots, potatoes, onions, garlic, and cayenne pepper
- Breakfast: 2 slices of bread (multi-grain) with tuna and 1 glass of orange juice (freshly squeezed)
- Snack: 1 cup of blueberries
- Lunch: 1 cup of broccoli and quinoa (boiled) with 1 avocado
- Dinner: Baked chicken and lettuce salad
- Breakfast: Salad made with 3 hard-boiled eggs (diced), broccoli, and kale.
- Snack: 2 oranges
- Lunch: 1 steak and 1 cup of rice
- Dinner: 1 bowl of chicken soup with potatoes and a few dumplings
TIPS FOR YOUR SUGAR DETOX CHALLENGE
- Eat at home
- Don’t let anyone or anything distract you
- Don’t give up if you mess something up
- Avoid alcohol
- Control your emotions
- Stay busy and relax after a hard day
- Don’t binge on junk food after you’re finished
GIVE IT A TRY!
The most important thing to remember when on this diet is to eliminate the processed sugar as much as you can. When you achieve that, you will lose weight, fat, you will feel good, and have more energy. So, why not start today?
If you enjoyed this post, I’d be very grateful if you’d help it spread sharing it on Pinterest. Thank you! <3